Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Be Still My Heart!

It's been eleven years since author Anne Rice published a book within The Vampire Chronicles series. A long, dry eleven years of searching for a replacement of sorts to satisfy my need to pour over the lively, entertaining, explosive exploits of vampires and those who love and fear them.  There were a few lights at the end of the tunnel, a few stories that help me get to the next vampire novel, but ultimately none compared to The Vampire Chronicles.

While casually surfing through my local library's website list of "new" fiction titles there was the cover of "Prince Lestat".  Tears instantly welled in my eyes as my mind wrapped around the possibility of a new Vampire Chronicles novel from the esteemed Anne Rice.  I have every book written by her and all are amazing!

I became acquainted with her books by the first one, published the year I was born, "Interview With the Vampire" and I've been hooked ever since.  The way she creates a scene, its details succinct and awe-inspiring have captivated me like no other writer before.  I highly recommend her novels if you are one of the few who have not indulged in them.

  

These have become my mantra...woosaaa, wooooosaaaaa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say? I created this space just for you.